Explore the renowned temples of the Angkor Wat complex on a full-day tour from Siem Reap. Accompanied by a guide, visit Bayon, Angkor Thom, and Ta Prohm temples, and conclude the day by witnessing a breathtaking sunset from a hilltop.
- Experience the serene and smiling visages at Bayon Temple
- Tour the renowned overgrown Ta Prohm temple in the jungle
- Witness the ancient splendor of the Khmer Empire at Angkor Thom
- Enjoy a sunset vista from the summit of Bakheng Mountain
- Your tour will commence with a pick-up from your hotel between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
- The first stop will be the purchase of the Angkor pass.
- Following this, the tour will proceed directly to Angkor Thom, a remarkable historical site in Cambodia. This ancient city, known as the “Great Royal City,” was constructed in the 12th century by King Jayavarman VII.
- At the South Gate, you will encounter the striking statue of Avalokiteshvara, famously featured in the Tomb Raider movie.
- The next destination will be the Bayon temple, characterized by its Buddhist style and numerous stone faces. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to explore the Terrace of Elephants, the former Royal Palace, Phimeanakas, the Terrace of the Leper King, and the Baphuon temple, the largest Hindu temple in Angkor Thom city.
- Subsequently, the tour will proceed to the Ta Prohm temple, known for its preservation in its original state and the captivating sight of tree roots intertwining with the structure. This temple also served as a filming location for the movie Tomb Raider starring Angelina Jolie.
- A delightful lunch prepared by a local chef awaits you at a nearby restaurant, offering an authentic taste of the local cuisine.
- Following lunch, a visit to the traditional village “Phum Preah Dak” will provide insight into the process of making palm cake and palm sugar by the local community.
- In the afternoon, the tour will lead you to the awe-inspiring Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world and an emblem of Khmer civilization. Constructed by King Suyavarman, this architectural marvel is dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu, adorned with intricate decorations covering its walls and housing the longest bas-relief globally.
- Encircled by a vast moat, Angkor Wat’s five towers are featured on the Cambodian flag, and from its summit, you can behold the breathtaking expanse of the surrounding jungle.
- The day concludes with a sunset visit to the Phnom Bakheng mountain before transferring you back to your hotel.
Streamlined Trip Planning with GetYourGuide: Tour ID: 430746
By booking directly with GetYourGuide, you can simplify the trip planning process significantly. You can effortlessly secure tickets for attractions or tours without the need for extensive online research, saving you the hassle of purchasing tickets and tours at your destination with peace of mind.